1. Train of Serra do Mar (Paraná): the train travels 110 km on a railway 125 years old, through one of the most pristine areas of rainforest in Brazil. The daily tour starts at Curitiba and continues towards Morretes, a city founded in 1721, which is full of historic buildings and a rich cuisine. On Sundays, the train also reaches Paranaguá, founded in 1648 and with many tourist attractions such as the Art Market and the Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.
The trip, counting the stops, lasts a whole day. Fare round trip: from R$ 111.
2. Train of the Mantiqueira (Minas Gerais): The train leaves the station of the city of Passa Quatro (MG), located 34 km of the old “The Mines and Rio Railway Company.” In the hall of the passenger station, tourists can visit a photo exhibition and listen to typical miners music. The journey goes to the Manacá station, equipped with a crafts fair.
From there, the train begins to climb the Serra da Mantiqueira, visiting Coronel Fulgencio station, 1,085 meters above sea level.
3. Tourist of Luz Express (São Paulo): currently out of the Light Station in the center of São Paulo, three tourist train tours administered by the State Department of Metropolitan Transport and the CPTM (São Paulo Metropolitan Train Company) . The trips are held in two steel carriages manufactured in the 1960s and pulled by a diesel locomotive. On the way, tourist guides tell stories about São Paulo rail system. The paths available today are Luz – Jundiaí, Luz – Mogi das Cruzes and Luz – Paranapiacaba.
Price: From R$ 29 per person. Groups get a discount, and you can rent an entire wagon for personal use by R$ 1,728.
4. Train Vale (Minas Gerais): the Vale company operates a rail system that carries out rail travel between two of the most important historical cities of Minas Gerais: Ouro Preto and Mariana. The rail lines between the two cities date back to the late 19th century and, today, the sightseeing is done in five wagons of a passengers train that carries 240 people, pulled by a steam locomotive.
Fare round trip: from R$ 50 per person.
5. Train of Águas (Minas Gerais): the Águas Train tour has total duration of two hours and has live show guitar players. The train leaves the station of São Lourenço (MG) and proceeds to the Soledad municipality of Minas Gerais, bordering the Green River and crossing beautiful valleys. On stoping in Soledad, tourists can buy handicrafts, cachaça and eat tipical food.
The tour is held on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Price: from R$ 40.
We will make this post into 3 parts. If you like contact us.